As promised in my gluten-free gnocchi post, here is the famous Bolognese sauce that pairs beautifully with this recipe or when served with pasta. A big thank you to my dear friend Lucia for sharing this great family recipe with us! My delicious. G.F gnocchi recipe can be found at: https://milkandmarigolds.com/2014/08/12/gnocchi-alla-cesaroni/
Simmer your favorite sauce. I recommend a veal/beef tomato one.
Add hot pepper hot for a kick!
Lucia’s Bolognese Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 – 45 minutes Yields: Enough for 6 portions
Author: Milk and Marigolds (Shared by Lucia C.)
1 lb ground veal (or ground protein of your choice) 2 28-ounce cans Italian tomatoes (We used Mastro) Dice these in the can with a knife for faster cooking.
3 Garlic cloves, chopped finely
2 TBSP+ of olive oil
salt, pepper to taste
1/4 cup red wine
pinch of chili pepper flakes, to taste
*If tomatoes are too acidic, add a pinch of sugar
Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
1. Sauté garlic in olive oil on medium heat until golden **not brown.
2. Add veal and brown lightly.
3. Stir in tomatoes.
4. Add remaining ingredients.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened.
Half-cover with lid so some vapour can escape.
6. Cook for about 30-45 minutes, this varies according to stove.
7. Add basil or parsley to garnish
Keep tasting throughout to adjust seasoning as water evaporates.
Copyright © 2014. Milk & Marigolds