Happy New Year!
I have been quiet here lately. The reason for that, is because we are happily expecting another baby. For the past few months food wasn’t the top thing on my agenda but now I’m feeling good (and hungry) again and I am ready for 2021. I hope 2021 treats you and your family well.
If you care to, please share your creations of my recipes by using the hashtag #milkandmarigolds or tag your post on Instagram @milkandmarigolds
I would love to see your creations!
Sweet & Spicy Broccoli Tender Stems with Cashew Crumble
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes (if roasted)
Author: Milk & Marigolds Serves: 4 as a side (easily scalable)
- 400 g sweet broccoli tender stems or broccolini
- 3 tbsp Tamari or other GF soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 4 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 packed tsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3/4 cup crushed salted & roasted cashews
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- a few pickled hot banana pepper rings roughly chopped
- Decide on whether to steam or roast your broccolini. Make rice if desired.
- While preheating the oven or preparing to steam the broccolini, prepare the sauce:
- Begin by zesting one of the limes with a microplane, juice the lime(s), mince the ginger, chop your herbs and the hot peppers. Crush the cashews and set them aside. Combine all but the cashews to make the sauce. Whisk ingredients together until well combined.
- Steam the broccolini until just tender or heat the oven to 425 F. Prepare a pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add a little olive oil and toss in the raw broccolini to cover it lightly. Spread the broccolini out on the pan so it is’t crowded. Roast for 5-6 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Plate the broccolini on a serving platter. Dress the broccolini with the sauce and sprinkle the cashews on top. Serve with rice or alone.
Copyright 2014 – 2021 © Milk & Marigolds