As we say farewell to summer and welcome colourful autumn, why not celebrate the season’s beautiful bounty with this grilled salad. You can prepare these ingredients directly on the BBQ or by using a grill pan.
If you care to, please share your creations of my recipes by using the hashtag #milkandmarigolds or tag your post on Instagram @milkandmarigolds
I would love to see your creations!
The Farewell Summer Grilled Salad served with Sweet Basil Oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Author: Milk & Marigolds Serves: 2 (easily scalable)
Grilled Salad Ingredients
- 3 cobs of corn, husk removed & then grilled
- 1 yellow or green zucchini thinly sliced horizontally
- 1 large avocado, sliced horizontally and peeled
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Sweet Basil Oil
- 1/2 packed cup of fresh basil leaves, plus a few more leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 a small garlic clove, microplane/finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- A few turns of pepper
- Begin by preparing the basil oil. Finely chop the basil and set aside. Into a measuring cup or bowl, finely grate the garlic, add the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper and mix with a whisk or fork. Then add in the finely chopped basil. Combine well.
- Next, prepare the salad ingredients. Husk the corn and slice your remaining produce. See how to prepare the produce above in the ingredients list.
- Brush the corn, avocado and zucchini with some olive oil before grilling.
- Begin by grilling the corn first as this will take the longest (approx. 10 minutes). After 5 minutes, add the avocado to the grill and then the zucchini. Grill until grill marks appear and then remove from the heat. Allow the ingredients to slightly cool before serving. Drizzle the basil oil over the salad after assembling it. Salt and Pepper from a height to liking.
Copyright 2014 – 2020 © Milk & Marigolds